At Scale for GP Federations
At Scale Limited works with GP Federations to develop their services and business. Federations have a key role in delivering at scale services working with and alongside PCNs. Federations have a lot to do to develop, support their members and all of this must be done in a short time.
Federations can support PCNs set up effectively, ensuring they are resilient and fit for purpose, both now and going forward. Services that are more appropriately provided at scale wider than a single PCN can operate from within Federations. There are major cost benefits if Federations hold services contracts on behalf of several PCNs and efficiencies if Federations deliver services across networks. There are also many aspects of financial management, clinical staff employment and aggregated service delivery best suited to Federations.
Our PCN Accelerator is a pre-populated project management tool specifically designed to support the development of PCNs. It includes all the tasks and project management knowhow you need to accelerate PCN mobilisation and operation allowing the Federation to provide focused and consistent support to all PCNs. The PCN Accelerator covers all the steps network practices must take to develop and deliver an operational PCN and to ensure the PCN remains sustainable. If you are a Federation, we can help you:
- Plan and support the formation, direction and operation of your Members’ PCNs including establishing a clear and consistent framework to assure PCNs are set up in a sustainable way
- Provide a clear structure that assures consistency and sustainability across your area for all PCNs
- Facilitate discussion and agreement between member practices and PCNs on shared services
- Establish action plans and timetables that will ensure effective PCN/Federation working and to advise members on collaboration, mergers and networking
- Plan and structure Federation business plans and development
- Establish a clear framework that provides assurance for PCNs and participating practices
- Facilitate discussion and agreement between Federations and PCNs on a wide range of specialist subjects
- Work with you and your team to implement your member’s projects
Our team has extensive experience of delivering change in primary care. We have facilitated the hard decisions practices must make to allow them to work at scale, including the development and delivery of primary care networks. Our 20+ years’ experience of working at the sharp end of health and public services, business mergers across commercial sectors and assuring efficiency means we understand the reality of merging and collaborating in primary care.
Our team has a wide range of experience working in the delivery and commissioning of primary care, delivering at scale programmes and has first-hand knowledge of the development of successful at scale provision including assuring and managing the delivery of Octagon Medical Practice, the largest single patient list practice in the UK.